This is a beautiful combination of pancakes and flapjacks and is truly delicious!
Although this might seem like a bit of a cheeky meal, it’s actually packed full of nutrition, perfect for breakfast or a snack. It is also quick and easy to make; all you need is one gas or electric hob, a frying pan and a mixing bowl!
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 3 tbsp flaxseed/ linseed
- 1 cup of dairy free milk
- Oil (for frying – coconut is ideal)
- Topping of your choice: Berries, banana, lemon, agave syrup, chopped nuts, peanut butter, dark chocolate, etc.
- Mix together flour, oats, flaxseed and dairy free milk in a measuring jug or bowl. Mix until combined.
(If the mixture seems too thick, add a little more milk and stir).
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot pour/ ladle on a spoonful of the mixture to make a small, relatively thick circle in the pan.
- When the pancake is a bit more solid, give it a flip and cook until brown on both sides.
TIP: If your in a van or small space, be careful when flipping that you don’t get your pan-jack stuck to the ceiling!
- Serve with your favourite toppings! – I cooked up some foraged berries in agave syrup. Sam preferred to have a bit of everything – berries, chopped nuts, lemon, agave syrup, peanut butter, banana and dark chocolate (as shown in the photo below!).
Subscribe and enjoy! x